Yogurt is a very good source of good bacteria which also aids digestion. It is good for your teeth and bones. But as with most foods, there are some rules that you need to follow to get yogurt. You must have heard many times to avoid eating curd at night. Here are some rules that are important to know about.
- Do not eat yogurt at night, especially if you are prone to coughing and cold. According to Ayurveda, the consumption of curd at night is not as good as it leads to the development of mucus. But if you can't do without yogurt, choose buttermilk instead.
- If you are eating yogurt during the day, eat it without sugar. But if you are eating yogurt at night, then add sugar or some black pepper. It will aid digestion and soothe your digestive system.
- Never eat hot yogurt.
Know some tips to include yogurt in your diet at night:
1. Dahi Rice: Mix some yogurt with boiled rice. Add a little salt and pepper powder to it. You can add tempering with curry leaves and some red chilies to get a good taste.
2. Curd sugar: If you like sweet food then you will like this combination. You add some sugar to yogurt and consume it. Consuming it after dinner will calm your stomach and neutralize all acids.
3. Buttermilk: Buttermilk is another healthy drink after dinner. This will not only cool your stomach but also replaces the bacteria in the colon and has many other health benefits.
4. Lassi: Lassi is a sweet form of buttermilk that is only more creamy and full of sugar.
5. Kadhi: Kadhi is a traditional recipe prepared with a mixture of gram flour, salt, and buttermilk. And this mixture is fried with some chilies curry leaves and cumin seeds. This curry is usually eaten with rice or chapati.
6. Fruit Salad: Cut fruits, bananas, apples, pomegranates, etc. and mix them in some yogurt and enjoy a healthy dessert.
7. Raita: Raita is a common Indian side dish. It is prepared by mixing various vegetables like tomato, onion, cucumber, pumpkin, chopped green chilies.