After the hot summer, the monsoon month brings coolness. The cool monsoon winds provide relief from the heat. For many people, this season is the most beautiful time of the year. Food enthusiasts also eagerly wait for this time, but let us tell you that this is the time when bacteria thrives the most and due to this the risk of diseases increases. Therefore in Ayurveda it is advisable to take special precautions in catering during monsoon.
Even minor inattentiveness in cold temperatures and wet environments can affect your health. Since there is a high risk of bacteria and mildew during this season, many types of infections and diseases can spread during this period. Apart from this, there is also a risk of getting vulnerable to diseases like flu and dengue in the monsoon.
According to Ayurveda, during the rainy season (mid-July to mid-September) the digestive power of our body slows down due to which the digestive system becomes weak. During this time, taking care of food can also be healthy. Today we are going to tell you what according to Ayurveda you should include in your diet during the rainy season.
What to eat according to Ayurveda
- Eat only fresh food
- Eat light food. Also, take care of the quantity of food and do not eat fried and spicy food
- Include healthy things like pure ghee, lentils, green gram, rice and wheat in your diet.
- Sprinkle a little salt on a spoonful of ginger daily and eat it. The medicinal properties present in ginger strengthen the immune system and help protect against many diseases.
- Drink plenty of water as it improves digestion. If you wish, you can also drink water by heating it, this kills the bacteria present in the water.
Avoid these things
- Do not eat things found on the roadside cart or hawker. Eating street food in this season is the highest risk of infection and stomach upset
- Do not eat stale food and try to eat fresh food to stay healthy
- Do not consume food that takes longer to digest, such as meat
- Take care when buying vegetables, because at this time rotten vegetables sell a lot, eating bad vegetables will also spoil your health.
Apart from this, according to Ayurveda, one should not sleep during the monsoon season. Keep cleanliness around you and dry your feet too. Avoid getting wet in the rain and if this happens, change clothes as soon as possible. In Ayurveda, it is recommended to apply deodorant during the rainy season.
Keeping these things in mind, you can stay healthy even during the monsoon season. If your digestion is weak or you are constipated, then you need to be more careful in this season.